Electrical Component Castings in Lancaster, PA
When you need a foundry to cast brass or bronze components for your electrical system products, that can accommodate complex product specifications, turn to the experienced professionals at J. Walter Miller Company. We are a foundry that specializes in casting electrical components for a wide variety of commercial, industrial and even domestic applications. We also use the latest technology in green sand-casting of brass and bronze to bring our customers the highest value products, on time, at a competitive price.
The Electrical Component Casting Process
The casting process includes the following basic steps:
A green sand-molding method is used for our electrical component casting processes, and it typically includes these steps:
- Production of a core used to create internal passages of the casting when necessary. This core is made of a heat-activated resin-coated sand.
- Mounting a pattern designed for the customer's specific applications onto an automatic molding machine.
- Using the pattern, the machine makes the mold automatically, filling chambers above and below the pattern with sand, and squeezing the sand against the pattern to form the inner geometry of the mold.
- Setting the core into the mold and closing the mold to be prepared for pouring.
- Pouring the molten metal into the mold and forming the component.
- Giving the mold time to cool down and removing the castings from the sand.
- Cutting the casting away from the gating system and cleaning and finishing them to customer specifications.
Types of Electrical Components
We can provide electrical industry castings for an extensive range of products. From Switch Gear, power grid, to HVAC, to the automotive industry, we cast highly customizable electrical components in our ISO 9000 certified foundry in Lancaster.
When you need a reliable source for electrical component casting manufacturing in Pennsylvania or anywhere, we can provide you with cast components for connectors, electrical terminals, gears, switch gear, and many more. To learn more about our electrical casting capabilities, simply reach out to our team with your questions.
Contact J. Walter Miller Company for Electrical Casting Manufacturing in Pennsylvania
For over 130 years, J. Walter Miller has been providing North America with high-quality casting services for many different industries. See for yourself how we can fulfill your needs when you fill out our short contact form or give us a call at 717-392-7428 today.